Saturday, October 11, 2008

Shooting the Tube


There is a canal that goes under I215 and one night my friends and hiked down to it and then up the tube and then road down it like a water slide. At the top of the canal we dammed with the boards and so the water level could rise. We sat in a huge line, wrapped our legs around the person in front of us, leaned back and lifted our butts up off the ground. The boards were pulled out and we flew down the canal faster then any water slide I have ever been on. The tube was pitch black so we could not see anything ahead of us. At the bottom of the canal we dropped off into frigid water that took our breath away. I have never been so cold in my life...but it was worth every second.

Megan and me after shooting the tube. Good thing I still have makeup on and my earrings in.


A group of us after we were finished.


Holli getting out of the coldest water I have ever felt.

Holli and Danielle...


This picture was taken inside the tube before we went down. I was so scared...

2 comments:

jess said...

You're definitely more brave than me. There is no way I would ever slide really fast down a pitch black tube while in freezing water :) I'm glad you had fun...and lived to tell about it!

Nicole said...

Thanks for inviting me