Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I'm Getting Married! Wait...what?

So...one weekend night my friends came up with a brilliant plan! They thought, "Let's throw a FAKE bachelorette party!" They got to thinking who would have the guts to be the bride because they knew neither of them would ever dare do it...so the next best option was to con me into being the Future Mrs. Pope (Pope was chosen as the last name because it was short and would fit on an iron on patch easily). So, they tell me of their plan, and of course, I am all for it! We didn't just stop with the simple idea--we made it much bigger... We went and bought shirts, the three of them had pink-of course it is one of my wedding colors- and I wore a white shirt. On them we ironed on words such as "Here comes the bride" "Bridesmaid" "Maid of Honor" "Bride" and "The Future Mrs. Pope". After our shirts were completed, we decided to make it a little bigger and better- so we bought some beeded necklaces and made up a list of things people could do to earn a necklace. So...off we went to a club in Salt Lake City and had the best bachelorette party I have ever had! (Maybe my only but that is beside the point) Anyway, it was an amazing night with no regrets! Here are some pictures to illustrate our night of fun!




Of course we had to have a ring for me... you can't even tell it is fake!




A stunning pose showing off my diamond and my shirt.




My Bridesmaids and my trusy Maid of Honor...they are so great.



Aren't they great! Holli, Me, and Danielle.





It was so hot in there! But soooo worth it.




Can you even think of a more classy place to go after? Denny's all the way!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw these pictures on Facebook and I was SO confused! I was seriously ticked that you were engaged and didn't tell me! Now I feel a lot better knowing that it was fake. That is such a YOU sort of thing. I love it!

Lindsay said...

So I about peed my pants when I saw that first picture. I saw it on megan's facebook and had to go in and read the captions. Yes... I know Laryssa is cute. Those black & white pictures are best!LOL I have a 3D I need to show you. It is a little bit better. The dr. said she still looks like an alien, but I think its cute. (But isnt that what the mom would always say?)

Jill said...

You totally had me going for about 5 seconds! You are too funny!

Kellie said...

This looks like sooo much fun. Now you girls need to use the shirts to go ring shopping and dress shopping and cake shopping. ohhh I bet you can get some free stuff. Too funny!

Lindsay said...

Sorry another comment. Zach thought it was so funny that on one post you were out clubbing and on the next post you were at conference.

Nicole said...

I miss out on all the fun! Next time, though.. I will BE the fun!! Haha and I noticed the same thing as Lindsey's husband. Clubbing one night, conference the next! WOO that's how to live life!

Tamilisa said...

oh my goodness! so funny.

Unknown said...

oh.my.gosh. I was so annoyed that I had to see if on facebook! I even text'd McKell and Nat to see if it was true!

I totally bought it!
That is so funny! it sounds like fun too!!