Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Yes...I got hit by a car.

There I was walking out of the gym on Monday night feeling good due to my work out. I am walking through the parking lot minding my own business texting a friend when I suddenly look up as a car backs right into me. It hits my knees first and knocks me flat onto my back. I hit my tail bone and my elbow on the gound as I go down. The car continues backing out while I am under it and gets about half of my body under the car and then puts the car in drive and takes off. It was a hit and run... I was the victim of a hit and run. My life is so exciting. Well as the car takes off I am laying there shaking and these two guys that came out of the gym and witnessed it happen ran over to me. They try to get me to lay there, but I want to get up (partly because I am SO embarrassed). Anway, they help me to my car. I am laughing so hard because I am doing everything in my power to keep from crying.

I felt fine after, I think because of the adrenalin pumping through my body, and so I went to FHE and played dodge ball for a while. Then I went to the grocery store and as I was pushing the cart through the isles I started to realize how sore I actually was. I went home and took some pain killers and felt okay. Yesterday I woke up and felt really stiff. I went through my day like normal. Today I woke up and every muscle in my body hurts worse then I have felt. Yeah...I was hit by a car...a hit and run even...who else does this kind of thing happen to but me? Glad I live to tell about it!

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

Im so sorry!! That was honestly the funniest thing I have heard in a long time. I hope you get feeling better.

Kimberly said...

That is the craziest story! Glad you are ok. Maybe this will teach you not to text while walking through parking lots. ;)

Nicole said...

I, too, am glad you lived to tell about it!

Kelly and Steve said...

I've heard of a hit and run but never of that sort! I hope you take it easy and get feeling better.

Anonymous said...

I'll be honest, I was laughing pretty dang hard when I read this. But the other part of me also felt really bad for you. I've also been a victim of a "hit and run". Just not as severe as yours! Mine just bumped me and almost made me fall over, but not quite. I'm sorry this happened to you! Although humorous, I'm sure glad you are ok!

hacking's said...

You forgot to tell that you were texting as you were leaving the store that night. You didn't learn a lesson from leaving the gym. I'm glad that you are okay and still alive. Jack needs a crazy aunt like you.

Dan and Kjerstin said...

This story Lisa...cracks me up everytime! Remember that one time you rolled down the hill! You always have the best stories!